The Lilacs are in bloom! This afternoon I decided I needed a Lilac bouquet and clipped some off of the many plants blooming in the backyard. They needed a little trimming anyways and the house smells wonderful!
Finally after a long, long winter I decided it was time to make a summer wreath for the front door.
I wanted to use up some items that I had a hand to keep the cost down.
First I wrapped and hot glued the burlap around the wreath.
I took a piece of burlap that was 3-4 times longer than the size of the wreath. Using my hot glue gun I glued the center burlap string on the end to make sure it was secure and not to pull through when gathering. Then on the other end I found the center burlap string and gently pulled it to make a gather. I attached the gathered piece to the wreath.
I made little bouquets of dried caspia, lavender and statice around the wreath. Then I glued some greenery under each little bouquet to finish it off.
I haven't crocheted in a while, it seems as though I have been choosing knitting projects over crocheting. I found some quick and easy crochet projects on Ravelry. I made a few Nubbie Scrubbies and Tawashi's. The Tawashi is great for hand washing dishes. I was thinking they would also be a nice size for washing my face, I am going to have to try that out.
These were free patterns on Ravelry. Below are the links. You may need to set up a account if you don't have one.