These are the latest addition to my Easter crafts. Eventually I will be making green and blue eggs to coordinate with my Easter Tree, but for now I wanted to make sure I had at least two eggs done before Easter.
Here are a few of the materials I used:
Assorted lichen, paper flowers, paper-mache eggs, Dresden trim, Caspia and a wood napkin holder.
I found the rabbit clip art at Graphics Fairy.
I resized the images to around 1 1/2", printed out one regular and one reverse page orientation on to card stock so I could have a front and back. Then with my X-acto knife I carefully cut out the rabbits and glued them together with a small wire inserted at the bottom between the two cut outs.
To get rid of the white edges on the side I used my watercolor pencils and colored it in. Then I added a few coats of Mod Podge to seal it.
I cut out a hole in the paper-mache egg, painted and added Dresden trim around the opening.
I added some crafters clay in the bottom of the egg and created the inside of the egg. To finish it off I added a paper rose to the top.
I painted the napkin rings and used them as my egg holder.