This Halloween I thought I would make cards for Jackson and Tanner, since most of the store bought cards are way over priced and boring. And I get to use up some of my Halloween stash.
Below are directions for a basic pop-up card.
- With a piece of card stock score a line in the center to fold in half. Then score a line 1" above and one below the center to about 3/4" from the edge of the paper.
- Use an x-acto knife and cut from the top corner of the scored line to the bottom corner of the scored line. Repeat on other side.
- Fold the scored lines as shown to make your first pop-up.
- For the second pop-up score another line 1" below the other scored line. Draw lines from the center scored line to the score line you just made.
- Cut on the lines with your x-acto knife.
- Fold the scored lines for second pop out.
- You can flip it if you want the 2nd pop-up on the bottom.
- For this one I am going to have the pop-up on top. I cut out 2 small pieces on the center scored line. These are what I will be attaching my stars too.
- Take another piece of card stock a little bigger than your other piece and score in the middle
- Fold in half and make sure your pop-ups are folded correctly and the card will lay flat.
- Glue the back sides of your pop-up piece, match up the centers of each piece and press into place.
- The finished card.
The ghost card has the 2nd pop-up on the bottom
The witch card has the 2nd pop-up on the top.
I used glow in the dark moon and star stickers .
I kept the front of the cards simple looking since there was enough going on inside of the cards.